Monday, November 24, 2008

Empty Desk

I cleaned out my desk at work on Saturday to get ready for my move. It took about 2 hours and I have 3 boxes of work stuff that will never fit in my car. I might have to UPS it to myself. And now my desk is completely empty. It looks like I got fired. I had to tell everyone not to worry, that I was just going to be working from home, except my home will be in Ohio! :)

Brandon flew in Saturday afternoon and we went to a Texas Tech/OU party at our friend, Chris' house. We stopped at Jen's house first and watched a little Eternal Sunshine before we went to the party. We had a great time at Chris', and OU won, and UT is still number 2 in the BCS. The world of college football could not have gone better for a longhorn fan! :)

After the party, we went to Momo's to hear Jarrod's band, Paperwork for the last time before I move. It was great seeing everyone, and we were so glad we made it before they started playing, since we got there about 15 minutes late.

On Sunday, we went to REI to get a rooftop luggage carrier. It's awesome!

I'm really interested to see how much we can fit in it. And we're packing the clothes inside it in garbage bags to keep the rain and snow out. It says it's weather proof, but you can never be too sure. :)

We also went to dinner w/ my parents, sister and her fiance, brother, and granny Sunday night. Our fajitas were great! I plan to have Mexican food at least one more time before we move. I'm going to miss it!

I turned in my notice to move out to my apartment complex today. I'm moving on Friday, but my lease isn't up until Dec. 31st, so I didn't have to give notice until now. It's so sad to be leaving such a good apartment in the heart of downtown Austin, but I'm never here to enjoy it anyway. Also, the hot water is spotty, so I will not miss that! :)

So, the rest of the week will be spent packing, taking furniture out to my parents' house, and spending a few last fun nights out with friends. Starting Friday, Brandon and I will be making the longest road trip ever, from Austin to Cincinnati. It should be exciting! :)

0 comments: