I am now a resident of Cincinnati, Ohio! We started our road trip on Friday around 3:00 PM, after a great lunch w/ both sets of my grandparents, my parents, my siblings, Shawna's fiance Oliver, and my great boyfriend, Brandon.
We got to Little Rock, Arkansas on Day 1 around 11:00 PM and stayed in the Hilton in what I can only guess is downtown, since it was a very small city. There were deer and birds everywhere and not very many people.
We woke up around 8:00 AM on Day 2, Saturday, and started off on the rest of the trip. We went through the rest of Arkansas, Tenessee, Kentucky, and then Ohio. We got here around 7:00 PM Saturday night and immediately unloaded the car, so we wouldn't have to deal with it when the weather got bad. It was perfect throughout the trip, except for a few showers in Arkansas, but it was supposed to get bad in Ohio on Sunday/Monday.
On Saturday after we unloaded everything, we ordered a pizza and watched a little tv while snuggling on the couch. :)
This morning, we got up around 8:00 and got ready for a day of shopping. We joined Sam's Club and got some food, then we went looking at office furniture for my new office with no luck, and then we got our very first Christmas tree! It looks great, but we forgot to get hooks for our ornaments and we didn't get enough garland. Rookie mistakes. :) It will be complete tomorrow. I love it!

The weather hasn't gotten bad yet, but I think it might snow tonight. I'm hoping not b/c I have to go to California tomorrow afternoon. I wish I didn't have to travel, but this is my life I'll be home on Wednesday and then we leave on Friday to go to Austin for Sirena's wedding. After this week, I don't have travel planned again until the last week of the month. Hopefully that will hold true, but I have an Indianapolis site and a Spokane site who may need me before then. I just want to stay in bed and snuggle. Damn my job making me work. :)
Anyway, the trip took a total of 17 hours and it was not bad at all split into 2 days. I recommend it for anyone who wants to visit. Bring a group of 4 or 5 people and split gas prices (our gas cost was less than 200 dollars), and voila, super cheap trip to Ohio! See you soon! Also, if you were wondering, our rooftop luggage carrier held up great! It is also highly recommended.

0 comments:
Post a Comment